Friday, March 28, 2014

"I Didn't See You!!!"

I am so fucking sick of that sentence.

Guess what the driver who hit me said? And the guy who doored me? (Along with "It's too late for you to be out") And the woman who doored my friend, and the guy who sideswiped another friend.

They all said the same thing.

Like it is an apology or an excuse.

NO.

It's an admission of guilt.

As you steer your 2000+ pound motorized vehicle down the public byway, one of your responsibilities is to watch for, see, and avoid other users of the street. Those users might be in a car, or on a motorcycle, or a bicycle, or a pedestrian. But it is YOUR JOB to not collide with them. There are multiple statutes and ordinances that address this responsibility; bottom line, you need to pay attention.

"I didn't see you."

Just admit you didn't bother to look, were on the phone, were texting, whatever. You failed your responsibility. You were steering a huge heavy piece of machinery without awareness of your surroundings. You were, in short, a fucking idiot.

Admit it.

Oh right, you already did.

See: Passing on left and right,exercising due care, the "right hook" (my fave), using a cell phone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home